Monday, October 16, 2006

Stash enhancement weekend...

...I went; I saw; I bought!!

First off, I went to the ribbon cutting for Purlescence Yarns. What a great new store! It is bright and cheerful, with a "living room" area in the center that is very inviting.

I made a beeline for the Blue Moon yarns, as did a lot of people. Can you
say heaven?? It was so hard to resist! Here's what I ended up with, yarn-wise:

Yarn!
At the top, Heaven in Burmese Ruby by The Yarn Place. Left to right, Blue Moon Fiber Arts: Sock Candy in Purple Rain, Socks that Rock in Beryl, Atomic #6, Carbon Dating, and something pretty (I'll have to get the name when I get home) Bleeding Heart; and Claudia's Hand Painted yarn in Chocolate Cherry. I bought two each of the Sock Candy and the Chocolate Cherry. I also bought a couple of sock patterns, a shawl pattern, an orange Chibi, and the Interweave Knitting holiday issue.

I was actually looking for a pair of size 9 straight needles that were more pointy than the ones I had at home. Since the shop carried the brand of needles I already had at home, I decided to spread the love around.

At Full Thread Ahead, I looked for the knitting needles. I didn't find any sharper ones, but I did find some silk lace yarn from Cherry Tree Hill that was 30% off - this is the Life's a Beach colorway:

Life's a Beach

So off I went to the next store, Uncommon Threads. I found a pair of Inox needles that weren't necessarily more pointy, but the slickness of the needles might make up for the pointiness. I bought those and a magazine.

On Sunday, I made my pilgrimage to Pacific International Quilt Festival. I loved the quilt exhibit. My favorite was the Innovative First Place winner: Primordial Sea by Judy Coates Perez. Unfortunately, my camera decided to act up, so I didn't get a picture of it. Hopefully, they will upload pictures of the winners at the Quilt Fest site soon.

My biggest purchases were at the 1/4-inch Publishing booth. I love Jane Tenorio-Coscarelli's patterns and now she has a fabric line. I bought a panel and some coordinating fabrics in her Latin serenade line:

Fabric!
All in all, I had a fun time increasing both my knitting and quilting stashes. Now I just have to get busy!

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...