Sunday, December 31, 2006

Recapping December 2006 and the year...

I realize that I have the rest of the day to finish something, but considering the projects that I have in progress, that probably won't happen!

I'm going to list my end-of-the-month recap here and post my end of the year stuff in a separate post.


December 2006 recap
Finished:
  • Advent Calendar for my daughter (sewing)
  • Cowboy Santa ornament (cross stitch)
  • "Stockings Were Hung" Pine Mountain pillow kit
  • Scarf, Patons Carmen in steel blue

Started:
  • Twinkletoes slippers (knitting)
  • Burgundy Alpaca scarf (knitting)

Worked on:
  • Sangria Shawl (knitting)
  • Flip-top mittens: one done; working on ribbing for the second one (knitting)
The second flip-top mitten is coming along slowly. Since I'm not sure whether my daughter can even wear them due to her allergy problems with animal fibers, I'm not in a big hurry to finish these. And I had to take two steps back on the Sangria shawl due to a needle problem. I still haven't found the perfect needles to use for this shawl. I am now trying some Boye Balene needles I had in my stash -- they are flexible and a little easier on the hands, so we'll see how they work with the pattern.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...