Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Red and green, not just for Christmas decorations...

...they are also the colors of my fingernails. Gel food dyes work really well.

After frosting all the sugar cookies last night, my hands look frightening. Aside from being very dry because they are washed many times, they are also lovely shades of red and green, with a little blue thrown in. It will wear off quickly, thank goodness. But, I have lovely, green Christmas tree and cactus cookies, pretty yellow stars, blue moons, and, of course, white snowflakes.

I also made a batch of peppermint bark and a batch of Rocky Road candy. I love these because they are so simple--melt the chocolate, add stuff to them, and chill!

Tonight, I add the final touches to the snowflakes (edible glitter and pearl luster dust) and put chocolate on half of the biscotti. Then, it's time to start packing up all this stuff! Yay!

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...