Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Short, but nice visit from the brother...

...so my brother arrived last night 5 minutes after I got home from work. Perfect timing! It was take-out for dinner, but that was fine.

While we chatted, I rolled the truffles and placed them in their little foil cups. My brother tested the Chile-Chocolate version and approved!

I did the finishing work on the last Christmas gift, gift-wrapped everything, and got it ready for shipping. This morning, I braved the Post Office to mail it. Now, normally I would have sent it FedEx or UPS, but the recipient will be out of town when it would arrive by one of those methods (no comments about getting it done and sent before today! ).

So, I stand in line at the Post Office...did I mention that they were on half power and only one terminal was working? That was OK, there were only 4 people in front of me and no one had more that 3 boxes. 30 minutes later, I'm next in line and the lights go out. ACK! But the terminal is still working...I only have this one package and I'm paying cash. So the guy weighs my box, tells me the cost, puts the postage tape on it, takes my $20 and rings it up...the terminal crashes just as it opens the cash drawer, but before it prints my receipt. Whew for me! Bad for the people in line behind me. In fairness, the person working the terminal did announce several times that they were on partial power and that things could go down any time...

Anyway, my package is sent and will hopefully waiting for my friend when she gets back after her Christmas trip.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...