Monday, January 15, 2007

Another Finished Object!

It's not knitting, but at least it's finished! This is the Pine Mountain pillow I mentioned on Friday.

After I finished the pillow on Saturday, I worked on the Birdhouse needleroll. I made good progress on it, finishing all of the cross stitch, specialty stitches, and attaching the lace. I just need to do stitch the hem, attach the beads, and sew it together.

Most of the weekend was spent working on the upstairs and my sewing room. Things were still in disarray in the loft, which is where we store the Christmas decorations, books, and magazines. I purged a bunch of magazines, got books back up on the shelves and store things away in the cabinets. It looks a lot nicer!

In my sewing room, I had a bunch of knitting and quilting books stacked on the floor and on my sewing table. I just needed to make room in the bookcases for them all, so that's what I did. I also purged a few magazines from that room. I went to Michaels on Sunday and bought four more photo boxes. In one, I put zippers, snaps, elastic, and seam binding. In another, I put some Christmas coasters that are ready to sew. In the third, I put my travel magnifier and travel project lights. The last one got some sewing odds and ends. Moving things into boxes got rid of the last remaining plastic baskets in the room -- they just let in too much light and dust. The photo boxes will keep things contained, dust-free, are much easier to stack, and make things look more tidy.

A very productive weekend!

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and things are blooming everywhere. Our front yard looks great: In the backyard, we have new petunias. Purple Night Sky: ...