Monday, February 19, 2007

Holiday Monday...

...Yay! I'm busy, but it's a crafty-busy and I like it!

I've got a sewing project to finish up -- making a travel case of sorts for the "basics" stuff I need to take to my Stitches classes. I still need to make a little bag for my spindle, but that won't take very long.

Then, it's back to knitting. I finished the first Voodoo arm warmer and cast on for the second. I had a little problem with the thumb opening; it was too tight. Not only do I have long fingers, but I have a big thumb. (Blessed with large bones, what can I tell you?!) Since my daughter's hands are a mirror image of mine, I had to change the 6-stitch buttonhole opening to an 8-stitch opening. It's still snug, but not tight.

I'm on the thumb portion of the first Peekaboo mitten, which means I'm nearly done with the first one. I think I mentioned that this yarn was working up a little "floppy"...well, I've decided that I'm not going to do the second mitten with this yarn right now. Instead, I'm going to make the mittens in a yarn that is a little more elastic and more washable. Since these are for the Daughter and she really needs the mittens right now, I'll make them in a cotton-acrylic blend or a 100% acrylic yarn. Later, I'll go back to the cotton-silk yarn and finish the second mitten for myself.

Yeah, there are no pictures right now. I didn't think that a half-baked travel case or one arm warmer would be too thrilling to look at right now. Later in the week, I'll post some pictures. And you'll definitely see some pictures of any stash I acquire at Stitches!

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...