Monday, March 05, 2007

Monday is mail day!

My Blue Moon Fiber Arts Rockin' Sock Club installment arrived today! We got a new binder, bumper stitcker, button, pattern, and emergency sock yarn, as well as yarn. I love the Monsoon colorway and the pattern looks interesting. I'm looking forward to working on these.

BMFA Sock Club: March
Also in the mail was my order from ABC Stitch Therapy. While I'm not doing a lot of cross stitch at the moment, my favorite ones to stitch are Just Nan and mermaids—both of which are in this order. These are all new releases from the Nashville market.

Stash: March
This weekend, I finished Calorimetry as planned. Unfortunately, neither of my favorite models (Teddy at home and Borg the Moose in the office) could wear this item properly. So the following pictures are the best I can do without a human model! One picture shows it buttoned; the other shows it completely open.

Calorimetry
Opened up, it looks a little alien. LOL!

Calorimetry, open
The Specs:
Finished: 3/3/2007
Yarn: Caron Simply Soft Shadows yarn in Opal Twist (black,
black, brown, and white); worsted weight
Needles: Size 8 US
Pattern:
Calorimetry; cast on 100
Variations: Cast on 20 stitches fewer than the pattern called specified to adjust the gauge

After I finished that on Saturday, I picked up the long-ignored Hydrangea socks. (No picture) I've finished the cuffs and am half-way through the heel flaps. I want to finish these socks before I cast on another pair. We'll see how long that resolution lasts!

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...