Friday, March 23, 2007

Scout's Indie Swag and Eye Candy Friday...

Got my last installment of Scout's Indie Swag yesterday—very cool colors in the yarn and a great sock pattern by Kate Gilbert!

Scout's Indie Swag
It's called Marina Piccola after a place in Capri, Italy. Here's a close of of the yarn...yummy!

Marino Piccola Close-up
I plied my yarn last night and can see some improvement, but I still have a ways to go. Here's a picture of it before it's bath:

Purple Homespun Yarn
The modified Lazy Kate worked OK. I need to make some adjustments, but I need to play with it a bit more to figure out what's going to work.

This weekend I'm going to cast on a pair of socks. I have the Monsoon Rockin' Sock Club yarn ready to start, but I haven't decided whether I'm using the club pattern (which has cables). I feel like I need a simpler pattern after the fiasco with Hydrangea, but I do like the idea of reversible socks. We'll see!

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...