Monday, April 23, 2007

more and more...

...no kitties today, but I have more yard pictures.

On Friday, I posted pictures of the front yard. Today, you get pictures of the back yard. Here's a picture of the largest part of the yard:

Back yard
And a view from the opposite side:

Back yard again
Standing (pretty much) on the same spot, turning, and looking down the side yard (ignore the messiness):

Side yard
Like the front yard, the back is pretty small. And, yes, our lawn is nice and rectangular. That's because it used to be a swimming pool...it was a pain in the neck and we never used it because the gas heater was old and expensive (and the gas line corroded, and...) The best thing we did was to have it filled in and put in a lawn.

As you can see, the Husband has crammed it full of plants, in and out of containers. We swapped out our wood trellises with metal ones this year and I really like how they look.


This weekend was spent do a little clean-up. We went through our electronics gear and took a bunch of stuff to one of the Earth Day free recycle locations. Included in that batch was the old TV that was in my sewing room that worked when it felt like it. We replaced it with an inexpensive flat-panel TV that takes up much less room.

We also got a new kitty condo for the cats. We salvaged what we could from the old one, but it was looking pretty bad. I also cleaned up my sewing room and put away a bunch of yarn that had magically appeared in there. While I was in my sewing room, I made another drawstring bag (Thanks, happythings!), this time for my spinning in progress. It's tall enough for the spindle and 8 ounces of roving.

Spinning bag
And, of course, there was spinning. Still working on the Grape Jelly roving...

Grape Jelly yarn, again
I also played a little with some of my remaining fiber samples. This one is a combination of one navy blue and one burgundy sample. I spun the two colors together and then made a two ply yarn. (The yellow bits are from the yarn that I used to tie the skein together).
Navy adn burgundy homespun
I also got email and a picture from my friend Jane, who spun her first yarn this weekend using my kit! It's looking good, and she's well on her way!

All in all, a very productive weekend!

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...