Monday, April 16, 2007

we now return to our regular knitting, spinning, whatever...

"Secret" was mailed today. I braved the lines at the post office (seriously, people...e-filing?) and sent it on its way.

Speaking of e-filing, we found the last two pieces of missing data, finished our taxes (and the Daughter's taxes), and e-filed them all this weekend. Whew! Glad that's done!

I knitted a little bit on the Here There Be Dragon socks last night. No picture because they don't look significantly different than the last picture I posted.

I also spun more of the Grape Jelly roving. Look...

Spinning 4/16
...it's coming right along. Here's a closer look:

Spinning close-up
I think I mentioned before--1/2 a pound of roving is A LOT to spin with a spindle. It looks like I've barely made a dent in it! It's looking more and more like I might need a spinning wheel at some point. Really, I "need" one.

Our garden continues to flourish. Our few remaining irises are blooming, the lavender is going nuts, and the other rose bushes are starting to bud.

Iris
This week, I plan on knitting more and spinning less. We'll see how that goes!

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...