Tuesday, May 01, 2007

April 2007 recap and Happy May!

Well, I did more in April than I thought. So although I was consumed with spinning and couldn't stay focused on knitting for very long, I did finish other things.

Finished:
  • Navy and burgundy sample yarn (spinning)
  • Begin to Spin kit for my friend Jane (desktop publishing, video, spinning samples)
  • Spindle bag for Jane's kit (sewing)
  • Drawstring bag for my spindle and fiber (sewing)
  • Knit2 bag in butterfly fabric (sewing)
  • 2 pattern row counters (beading)
Started:
  • Knee High to a Grasshopper socks in Walking on the Wild Tide yarn from the BMFA Rocking Sock Club
Worked on:
  • Spinning 1/2 pound of Northern Lights 100% wool top in Grape Jelly; 10 spindle-fulls done and a lot still to spin
  • Keyboard Biologist's Here There Be Dragons pattern in BMFA Monsoon (knitting)
    These socks and yarn have parted ways and will resurface in another incarnation.
On Hiatus until I can face them again:In progress, but didn't work on:
  • Flip-top mittens (knitting)
  • Just Nan 2002 Christmas ornament (cross stitch)
  • Peacock Majesty by Just Nan (cross stitch)
  • Peekaboo mittens (knitting)
  • Queen Mermaid (cross stitch)
  • Sangria shawl (knitting)
  • Seahorses pillow (needlepoint)
  • Twinkletoes slippers (knitting)
  • Violet Needle Roll (cross stitch)
In May, my goal is to spend more time knitting. I'd like to make good progress on the Grasshopper socks and maybe pick up one of the other knitting projects that are in progress.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...