Monday, May 14, 2007

Mother's Day stash enhancement...

...more fiber-y goodness to spin! I got to pick my own Mother's Day present at Purlescense.

First up: Louet's Northern Lights roving in Ocean Waves (this has a lot more blue than the picture shows):

Ocean Waves roving
Some alpaca in a silvery gray:

Gray Alpaca roving
And another Northern Lights roving in the Burning Bush colorway:

Burning Bush roving
This roving is a lot more red that this picture shows. The color was so wonderful, that I started spinning it as soon as I finished what I had in the wheel. Here's a much truer picture of the color:

Bobbin of Burning Bush
I already liked spinning Northern Lights on the spindle and it's even nicer on the wheel.

And what did I take off the wheel? More cream Corriedale. I spun two partial bobbins so I could practice plying some more. This attempt was much better than the last. This isn't the greatest picture, but you get the idea:

Corriedale 2-ply yarn
This skein represents about 152 yards of two-ply yarn. Not too bad for an afternoon of spinning!

This week, I do want to get more knitting done. I really like how my Grasshopper socks are developing and I want to wear them!

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...