Wednesday, June 06, 2007

I see the moon, and the moon sees me...

...at least on the mornings I go to the gym.

Morning moonThe socks are progressing, but they are still "toes." And the spinning doesn't look much different at this point. However, look what came in the mail today:

Square laminate spindle
My new Spindlewood square mini spindle! The whorl is Cocobolo and Yellowheart woods and the shaft is Flamewood. It weights 24 grams (7/8 oz.). I bought it from the current issue of the Woodland Woolworks WoolRag. I didn't pick the spindle itself; I just told them I wanted a laminate square spindle and this is what they sent. I'm sure if I really wanted to pick, I could have called and talked to them, but it was Sunday...and I wanted it ASAP, so I let the Universe pick for me. What can I say? I'm very happy with my new toy and it spins beautifully!

Of course, I also bought some fiber—8 ounces of combed hemp top. I'm saw a cute hemp short-sleeved top at the Art & Wine festival, but it was too expensive. So, I thought I'd try spinning some and see how it works up in a yarn and then how it knits.

Can't wait to try my new spindle!

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...