Monday, June 11, 2007

weekend spinning...

...it was good!

I finished spinning the Burning Bush roving and am in the process of plying it. I'm making this a 3-ply yarn, too:

Burning Bush yarn
I'm still spinning the Moonstone roving, using the new spindle. Here's a picture of my progress:

Moonstone spinning
The yarn on the right was spun with my Cascade Little Si spindle; the yarn on the left was spun with my square mini Spindlewood spindle. The lighter spindle has made a big difference on the consistency and thinness of my spinning.

I'm making slow progress on the Tide Walker socks (the spinning keeps calling to me!). I have another half inch before I start the heel.

I'm off today and tomorrow, so I'll be able to finish plying the Burning Bush yarn. The next picture you see will be of the completed yarn!

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...