Monday, June 04, 2007

yum, berries...

...the berries were ready for picking (and eating!) on Sunday:

Blackberries
Of course, no photo shoot is complete without at least one nosy cat...

Nosy Sombra
On the fiber front, I spun another bobbin of Burning Bush and made slow progress on the Moonstone spindle spinning. I was getting frustrated with the spindle because the Moonstone roving is a little "soft" and the spindle is too heavy to spin it as fine as I want—the spindle keeps breaking the single. So, you know what that means...I had to order a lighter spindle (Darn! I hate when that happens! LOL!)

I also managed to get some actual knitting done (I know!) I morphed the toes of the RSC Walking on the Wild Tide (Grasshopper) socks into toe-up Jaywalkers, or as some club members call them, Tide Walkers. Here's a picture of the front of one sock and the back of the other. I'm really enjoying this pattern and yarn combination. I love the way the colors are working with the pattern! This is a much better combination for my hands.

Tide Walker socks
This week will probably seem longer than usual to us...the Daughter is coming home on Saturday and we're really looking forward to that. Her room is ready, it just needs her smiling face!

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...