Friday, July 06, 2007

Sigh Candy Friday

The tide has gone out...

Tide Walker spaghetti
The Walking on the Wild Tide yarn did not want to be toe-up socks for me. I gave it several tries, but there is only so much frogging that I can take. So, the first sock has been unraveled and will be followed soon by the second sock. This poor yarn deserves so much better!

I'm leaning towards making this a wrap. In keeping with the tide theme, I'm thinking of doing Nereides from the new Magknits. I love the seafoam lace pattern and it looks pretty straight-forward (I could use that about now!). I probably won't use the beads in the body of the wrap just because the color variations and the silk in this yarn are enough to keep it interesting.
If I decide to make this wrap, I'll have to order at least one more skein of yarn.

This weekend, I need to make a ton of apricot preserves. The freezer won't hold any more frozen apricots and I don't want this bounty to go to waste!

Also, Tour de Fleece starts tomorrow. I think I have enough roving to keep me going the whole time!

Have a good weekend!

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...