Wednesday, August 22, 2007

I got plenty of nothin'...

...at least nothing that I can show. I've been working on a project journal for my spinning and knitting. Showing you a picture of a book is not exactly thrilling!

I think I've mentioned before that I have an online database to track my projects. I created it several years ago using FileMaker Pro. It works very well for me and I've expanded it to include yarns and roving. However, you can't put samples of yarn or knitting in the database, so I need a separate project book for that.

I used my Michaels coupon to buy an artists Drawing Book that is 7x10 inches. It is wire-O bound and has 120 pages of 90-pound, acid free drawing paper. I really didn't want 120 pages, but I liked the size of the book and the 90-pound paper will hold up well. I may have to rebind it if it gets too bulky, but I can worry about that later.

I'm trying to decide whether to print label stock with the details I need for the spinning or knitting project. The plus is that I can export most of the data from the database and then just add to it. The negative is that it won't look as "crafty"; a handwritten journal looks so much nicer. Another decision I need to make is whether to include photos. I have them available on my website and some are on Flickr; I don't know if I should bother printing them.

One thing I have decided to use is self-adhesive CD-ROM or diskette envelopes. They will hold the yarn or fiber labels for a project. This way I won't have to glue them or staple them to the page, and I can take the labels out and look at them whenever I want.

Anyway, It will take a while for me to get this together, but it will be well worth it!

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...