Monday, August 27, 2007

no picture Monday...

...because I ran out of time this morning.

My weekend did not exactly go as planned. I took my car in for routine maintenance that turned out not to be so routine. Besides the tune-up, which is not cheap, replacing a light that was out, and fixing my non-functional data port (cigarette lighter port), they are replacing a bunch of things that are leaking and could lead to future problems with the fuel pump, So, they kept my car to finish working on it. Tonight, we get to pay lots of $$ to pick it up. Great...just what we needed.

I could show you a picture of the new Rockin' Sock club installment that I received, but...

I did manage to get a little knitting done, but not as much as I wanted. No point in showing you a picture of the Fawkes socks because they don't look significantly different from Friday. I'm just a slow knitter.

I started a new roving on the wheel, Blue Moon in Corriedale from
Spunky Eclectic. I'm spinning it a bit thicker, although not as thick as Mermaid. I filled one bobbin with half of the roving and started a second bobbin with the other half. My plan is to do two plies of the Blue Moon with 1 ply of a royal blue thread. It's telling me that it wants to be a scarf and I keep getting a "bead me" vibe, but I'm not quite sure if I'm up to that yet. We'll see.

I also spun a little of the Josie on the spindle. It's coming along really well, too.

That's it for today...got a ton of work to finish, but will post pictures when I can!

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...