Monday, August 20, 2007

spinning and knitting...

...for most of the weekend. Totally ignored the house and just got crafty!

I started a new roving on the wheel:

Peacock, bobbin 1
This is "Peacock" in Corriedale from Spunky Eclectic. Lots of blues and greens, very pretty. The only drawback is that the color bleeds a little on my hands as I spin it. I hope that I can get most of the excess out when I wash it, otherwise I'll have to be careful how I use this yarn.

On the knitting front, I finished the cuff, knit the heel flap, turned the heel, and started the gusset on the Fawkes socks. I really like how they look. No pictures of those today; maybe later when I have the gusset finished.

This week I plan on working on the socks and doing some spindle spinning. I haven't touched the spindle in a couple of weeks, so it's time to get back to it.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...