Monday, October 22, 2007

well, that didn't go quite the way I planned it...

...I had my whole weekend mapped out. First I was going to get my house cleaned, organize my craft room and then do some spinning.

Saturday, I woke up at 5:30am feeling a bit stuffed up. This was not a big deal, it just meant I was uncomfortable lying down. I did a little reading and it was OK.

Since I needed to come up with better storage for my growing fiber stash, I went to the Container store and bought a few zippered fabric container. The longer I staying in the store, the worse I felt. After I bought my containers, I went to Borders to look for something to read...I started feeling achy and my stomach was upset. I headed home and had some soup, and some Airborne. I spent the rest of the day on the couch eating crackers and drinking carbonated stuff to try and settle my stomach. I was able to get some knitting done in the afternoon, but most of my Saturday plans went out the window.

Sunday I felt somewhat better. The Husband left for a long bike ride and I knew this would be my chance to mop the floors without him tracking in garden dirt. I attacked the bathrooms, the kitchen, and mopped all the floors. Yay! While they were drying, I moved my fiber stuff into the new containers and then I ran to the grocery store for dinner makings and stuff for the week. By the time I got back from the store, I was worn out. I planted myself on the couch to rest and knit some more.

Bottom line: no spinning was accomplished, but I did get the cuffs, heel flap, and heel turn done on the Poppy socks! They are starting to look like socks!

Poppy Socks progress

Yes, I got a lot done, but I could have done so much more! Weekends are never long enough as it is, so I hate wasting any of it being sick!

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...