Friday, November 02, 2007

Eye Candy Friday...

...the Husband is busy getting the garden ready for winter, pulling up the dead plants and planting some new flowers.

Nemesia (?) Daisy

Here are the last of the tomatoes for this year:

Yellow Cherry Tomatoes

He has planted a bunch of calendulas for me and is faithfully dead-heading them and putting the petals aside to dry for my soap. I used to buy my dried calendulas at Whole Foods, but they are not carrying them anymore. The other brand that I can buy locally is just not as nice. I know I can buy them online, but why bother when I can get them at home!

I'm still chugging away on the Poppy socks. One reason they are taking so long is that my hands get very tired and cramped up after a few rows. I finally decided that it was the needles: these circulars have too short a needle. Yesterday I went to Full Thread Ahead at lunch time. After looking at their selection, there was only one brand that had the 3.0mm size in stock and had a longer needle: I bought two HiyaHiya circulars and swapped over to them. My hands are much happier now! The added bonus was that the HiyaHiyas were not as expensive as the Addis. So, maybe with new needles these socks will go faster. (I can dream, can't I?)

Up this weekend: find the last border fabric for the Christmas wall hanging so I can finish it, work on my secret Christmas projects (still no hints, Jane!), and spin more on the Splendor 2 roving. I have to work on my craft stuff as much as possible this month...once December hits, I'm in full baking mode!

Hmmm, guess I should start deciding which cookies to make in December...

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...