Monday, November 05, 2007

feeling crafty...

...I had a wonderfully productive weekend. Although I didn't actually finish anything, I made excellent progress on three fronts.

First off, the quilting. I found a border fabric at The Granary. I was looking for a green that went with the other green border I already had. I knew I couldn't find the same fabric because it was one from my stash plus it was from the 2005 Hoffman collection. I found a nice batik with gold metallic swirly things that went perfectly with the top. I added the new green border and finished it off with another cream and gold border. I have already made the binding our of the same fabric as the red border. I think It will look really good!

Christmas Wall Hanging

The top is the exact width of the background fabric so I didn't have to piece the the back at all. I pin-basted it on Sunday and started the machine quilting. I've finished all the stitch-in-the-ditch quilting and have quilted the borders around the center squares. I'll finish this quilt up next weekend.

I finishing spinning the first bobbin of the Splendor roving:

Splendor 2--First Bobbin

...and I'm very close to finishing bobbin #2. I have another roving from Yarn Wench that has some of the same purples. I think I may spin that and ply them together to get a more purple yarn.


And finally, I'm almost to the toe decreases for the Poppy socks! Yay!


Poppy Socks progress

I really like how these socks are looking and they fit perfectly so far. I'm sorry that my Petals Collection sock club is at the end. I really love Sundara's patterns and her color sense. However, I decided I can only handle two sock clubs at a time. Right now that's Blue Moon's Rockin' Sock club and Full Thread Ahead's club (Full Toes Ahead).

Anyway, I hope to finally finish these socks this week. Then I can get back to the Corrugator scarf that uses bigger needles. My hands will thank me!

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...