Friday, December 28, 2007

Eye Candy Friday, and secret projects revealed...

...first up, our little tangerine tree that has gone crazy with fruit:

Tangerine Tree

My friend Jane has received her gifts, so I can reveal them here. But, then, you've already seen them! This year I did the "hide in plain sight" version of gifts.

Remember this scarf?

Blue Moon Corrugator scarf

I knit this specifically with Jane in mind, When she visited a few weeks ago, I showed her the scarf in progress, but didn't tell her that I was making it for her!

And remember this wall hanging?

"Merry Little Christmas" Wall Hanging

It was also for Jane. I had this idea that I wanted to make her a wall hanging, but I wasn't sure whether she'd like the fabric. So I showed her the fabric panel and let her think I was making it for me! Here's the label:

"Merry Little Christmas" label

She mentioned that she needed a hat for the cold weather that was soft and warm, so I got some Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick and Quick in Charcoal and modified a Lion Brand pattern (you have to register to get the pattern, but then it's free). I didn't get a picture of the hat, but I'm going to knit one for myself and will take a picture then.

I also included a little needlepoint dragonfly picture. Again, no picture, but then it was just a little thing...

As a penance for being late and not finishing the last item, I included a few cookies, biscotti, Amaretto Walnuts, and Grand Marnier Pecans. I figured that if I distracted her with sweets, she wouldn't mind too much!

She loves her gifts and I love mine, so I'd call it a success all around!

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...