Friday, December 14, 2007

Eye Candy Friday, now with more Christmas trees...

Our tree...

Christmas Tree 2007

...reflected in one of the new windows:

Christmas tree reflection...

And I have the best husband ever! When I walked in the door last night, I saw this:

Early Christmas gift

He bought a new coffee table! Our old one was was losing all its veneer strips (and the cats were doing their best to help it along) and didn't quite match the rest of the furniture. We had been talking about getting a new one for a while. We saw an ad in the newspaper on Wednesday and he checked them out yesterday. Bottom line: he bought it and brought it home.

It matches the entertainment unit, down to the drawer pulls (the drawer picture is closest to the right color):

New coffee table ... Drawer detail of the new table


It looks great and I love the drawers!

I still haven't found 7 people who haven't done the meme [*pout*]. If I have a few minutes this weekend, I may just post my 7 weird things anyway...

Up this weekend, the Husband is gone until late Sunday night. The Christmas frenzy kicks into high gear as I need to finish all the baking. Here's what I have planned:
  • Friday night:
    Finish decorating and put the boxes away; make 10 cups of the Amaretto Cinnamon Walnuts
  • Saturday:
    Bake both kinds of Mexican Wedding cookies, bake the cutout sugar cookies, make the almond spritz, make the cinnamon spritz, and whatever other cookies I have time for
  • Sunday:
    Make 5 kinds of biscotti and frost the sugar cookies
In my copious spare time, I need to finish the secret Christmas gift so I can get it in the mail before Christmas. Oh yeah, I need to roll the truffles, too...I predict several late nights.

Have a good one!

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...