Friday, December 07, 2007

Eye Candy Friday pictures...

...to distract you from the lack of crafty content.

First, another sky picture (now with birds!)...

Before the storm

...and a picture of a leaf during a rain storm.

Leaf in the grass

OK, that's all I can show. I am making progress on my secret Christmas projects, but you can't see those yet!

I have finished my preliminary shopping runs for baking supplies. I still need to get some ingredients for my fruitcakes and some hazelnuts, but I'm pretty much ready to start. My kitchen now looks like the baking aisle of the grocery store—20 pounds of flour, 20 pounds of sugar, 10 pounds of nuts, and 9 pounds of chocolate chips takes up a lot of room!

My goal is to make all of the cookie dough that needs to be chilled, then start on the fruitcakes and the actual baking. I find that I can bake a batch of cookies a night during the work week if I have the dough ready to go.

I'm hoping we can get our tree this weekend. However, that depends on the weather. The idea of tromping around in the mountains in the rain and mud does not thrill me...

It's going to be a busy weekend!

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...