Sunday, December 16, 2007

Sunday morning checklist...

It's after 7am and I've already started for the day. I'm running through my list to see what I still need to do.

Done:
  • 12 cups of the Amaretto Cinnamon Walnuts
  • Mexican Wedding cookies
  • Chocolate Mexican Wedding cookies
  • Baked the cutout sugar cookies
  • Almond spritz,
  • Cinnamon spritz
  • Cherry cookies
  • Grand Marnier biscotti, baked and dipped in semi-sweet chocolat
  • Wrapped 1/3 of the gifts (Now this is monumental....I usually don't start wrapping gifts until after the main baking is done.)
It was a LONG day...starting around 6:30am and ending at 11:45pm. In another unusual turn, I took a lot more breaks during the day to rest my back and legs. Never one to sit and do nothing (LOL!), I worked on the secret project during my "breaks."

On today's agenda:
  • Frost the sugar cookies
  • Pistachio-cranberry biscotti (white chocolate dipped)
  • Coconut biscotti (white chocolate sprinkled with more coconut)
  • Chocolate-hazelnut biscotti (dark chocolate dipped)
  • Espresso biscotti (I found some mocha chips melt for dipping)
  • Go to the grocery store (there is no real food in the house)
  • Make a quick Christmas shopping run
If something has to give, it will be the coconut biscotti—they are new this year. The most important thing to do today is frost the cookies. The snowflake cookies must harden at least 8 hours before I can add the luster dust and edible glitter. Since this has become my signature cookie, I'd like them to look nice!

OK, break's over; back to the kitchen for me! Cookie pictures tomorrow...

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...