Tuesday, February 19, 2008

long weekend, short work week...

...the three day weekend was great! And since I'm only working Tuesday and Wednesday because of Stitches West, I have a short work week. (Yay!)

So, first the shorter list: what I didn't do.
  • I didn't knit much more than a couple of rows on the Lenore socks.
  • I didn't spin anything.
What I did do:
  • Finished all of the fiddly little sections on the needlepoint seahorses and worked on the blue background.

    Seahorses needlepoint as of 2/19

  • Started quilting "The Wright Stuff." I did stitch-in-the-ditch between all the quilt blocks, and am working on the quilting mid-block. It is hard work pushing the fabric through the machine, so my shoulders and arms tire easily. But it's a start!

    Quilting the Wright Stuff

  • Did my homework for my class on Friday.
  • While searching for stash yarn for my class homework, I found some yarn that I had forgotten about. I photographed it and put it in my stash list on Ravelry. (It's also in my stash set in Flickr.)
  • Plotted out my course for the Stitches market preview.
  • Made a new Knit2 Bag out of "Knitmare on Elm Street" fabric. I'm using this bag to hold the sock yarn I'll use in my class on Friday.

    Top:

    Chocolate and Pink Knit2 Bag - front


    Bottom:
    Chocolate and Pink Knit2 Bag - bottom
    Inside:

    Chocolate and Pink Knit2 Bag - inside

  • Did a little more reorganization in the craft room. Nothing that is really visible...I really just shifted some things around to make it easier to access.
  • Enjoyed the spring-like weather and took some pictures of the things in bloom.

    Snow Pea blossom:
    Snow Pea blossom

    Weeping Santa Rosa Plum tree:
    Weeping Santa Rosa Plum tree

    Flowering Plum tree:
    Flowering Plum tree

Between now and Thursday, I need to finalize my shopping list and print out the final inventory list of yarn and roving so I can avoid duplicates. Then I'll be completely set...I can't wait!

2 comments:

Linnea said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this bag and want one soooo bad! Do you sell them anywhere?

marie said...

Thanks! I'm really happy with the way this one came out, plus it matched the yarn (Blue Moon Fiber Arts, Socks That Rock in "Little Bunny Foo Foo").

I'm not selling the bags at the moment, but I have toyed with the idea. I'm not sure whether I want to sell the bags that I make or just make the pattern and sell it. That being said, send me email and we can talk about it...

email: marie_novicki at yahoo dot com
(replace the "at" and "dot" with the appropriate symbols)

marie

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...