Monday, March 03, 2008

crafty little weekend...

...a little of this and a little of that.

  • Finished the knitting on my wire necklace. I need to attach a clasp and then it's completely done.

  • Finished the machine quilting on "The Wright Stuff" quilt. I need to attach the binding and take care of all the loose threads and then it's done.

  • Worked on the heel flap for the Lenore socks.

  • Worked on the pattern for the Knit2 bag. I think I'll have to make another bag to test the pattern when I've finished it.

  • Spun a bit on the Chasing Rainbows Heather rovings (one Merino-Bombyx (2 oz) and one Merino wool (2 oz)). I'm finding this to be difficult as there are a lot of slubby bits in the Merino and it doesn't draft smoothly. My hands get tired of it very quickly.

  • Started spinning the Royale Hare Superwash Merino in Penngrove Purples. You can see a picture of the roving here. I am trying to get a two-ply worsted weight yarn out of this, so it's a bit challenging trying to keep the single even. However, it's much smoother than the Merino-Bombyx!

    Penngrove Purples single

    The single is much more purple that this picture shows, with touches of blue.
Housework-wise, I concentrated on the kitchen. Besides cleaning, I did a little rearranging. We decided to swap from bottled drinking water to a Brita filter system, so the water cooler was no longer needed in the kitchen. I moved the cooler out, turned my freestanding chopping block 90 degrees, and moved it a bit to take advantage of the extra room. Now the chopping block is an island instead of a peninsula, giving us more room to walk around. Now two people can be in the kitchen without running into each other! It's a "Good Thing!"


No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...