Monday, March 31, 2008

March went out like a lion...

...I'm glad tomorrow's April.

Our niece and nephew did not visit this weekend after all, so I had more time for my crafts than I expected.

I spent most of my time working on the last piece of the secret birthday gift. It was frustrating because the instructions were not well-written. I had to redo several things after debugging what was wrong. I do like the way it's turning out, but I'd be done right now if it wasn't for the wonky directions.

I also worked on the bunny. The Vickie Howell Craft yarn is very soft and I love how it looks. Here's the bunny so far:

Bunny Love

The only thing left to knit are the insides of the ears. One interesting thing is that the pink version of this yarn is not as soft and has no fuzz factor. I'm trying to decide whether to swap out the yarn for something softer. If I stick with what I have, it should wash up well; not so sure about what will happen if I switch to another yarn.

Anyway, I want to finish the bunny so I can move on to one of the baby sweater projects. I don't have much left to finish on the secret project. I need to get this done so I can get it in the mail...somebody's birthday will be here before you know it!


1 comment:

Just Jane said...

GEE soooooooooooooooo much ado about this..."secret birthday".....and yet you STILL don't give out any information on it...what a TEASE!!!!! But hey!! Never fear...I will have 5 WHOLE MONTHS for payback!!!!!!!!! hahahahahaha rofl, rofl, rofl....

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...