Friday, May 16, 2008

Eye Candy Friday--hot, hot, hot!

...thank goodness it's air conditioned at work! I was fine during the day, but I melted when I got home at 7:45 last night! The new windows and the blinds help, but it was still icky-sticky! And, it's supposed to be in the 90's today...break out the iced tea!

No updated picture of the sweater because I'm nearly done—only one button band to go! I'll post a picture of the finished sweater on Monday.

From the garden today: a lone gladiola bulb has bloomed under the apricot tree. Some of the flowers are not quite open:

Gladiola, almost open

While others are completely open:

Gladiola

I love the delicate pink color with the dark pink edges. I hope it survives today's heat wave!

Up this weekend: finishing the Feather & Fan sweater, starting the next Iris cardigan, and spinning!! I plan on taking the wheel outside when it gets unbearable in the house. I really want to finish the Copperhead yarn and start spinning a blue or aqua yarn. Something that reminds me of a babbling brook, the Russian River, or the ocean...yeah, that's what I need to stay cool!

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...