Wednesday, May 28, 2008

no-WIP Wednesday cuz I'm done!

...well, with the current knitting project.

I finished the second Iris cardigan last night. It turned out very well:


Iris Baby Cardigan #2, done!

Specs:
Started 5/17; Finished 5/25
Pattern: Iris Cardigan by Jennifer Carberry; free when you buy the yarn at Full Thread Ahead
Yarn: Mission Falls 1824 Cotton in Blush, Peony, Phlox, Cosmos, and Aubergine (in order from the top)
Needles: Size 7 circulars and DPNs
Ravelers: Project link

As I mentioned yesterday, I finished the Copperhead 2 yarn over the weekend. I wound one skein from each bobbin:

Copperhead 2 Handspun yarn

...and the dime shot:

Copperhead 2 yarn, close-up

Specs:
Finished: 5/25/2008
Yarn Wench Falkland Wool roving (4.4 oz) in Copperhead 2
Spun on Lendrum DT Folding wheel
Navajo-ply, yield: 320 yds.
Weight: 14 WPI average, Fingering

I need to take a breather from cotton yarn for a while. So I'm looking at the stuff in my queue to see what appeals to me. In the meantime, I have the Plumthorn fiber from Pigeonroof Studios to spin, so that will keep me occupied until I decide.

Gee, maybe it's time for socks again! Or a quilt...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're a wonderful spinner! The yarn looks gorgeous - glad you included the specs. And the sweater turned out very nicely - lucky recipient! Terry

Just Jane said...

OF COURSE it's adorable!! The sweater is so cute! I'd expect nothing else...like the copperskin yarn too...very interesting...whatcha gonna make with it???

TATAGRANNY....over and out!

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...