Wednesday, May 14, 2008

a quick WIP-it Wednesday...

...working on deliverables for a work project and need to stay pretty focused on that. However, I couldn't resist showing you the sleeve I finished last night on the Feather & Fan baby sweater:

Feather & Fan Baby Sweater, sleeve 1

With these last two baby projects, I've learned a little about knitting sweaters. The Iris Cardigan was the first sweater I ever knit—I learned that I needed more practice with finishing and I learned about the value of a stretchy bind-off. With this sweater, I've learned about adding a sleeve to an armhole that has no live stitches; later I'll learn about button bands.

Aside from the obvious benefit of having some cute baby gifts to give, I chose baby sweaters to see whether I would enjoy the process of making a sweater. The idea being that I might make a sweater for myself.

So what do I think at this point? I think I would enjoy making sweater for myself, but not as the sole project in my queue. I think if I had long sections of stockinette or garter stitch, I might go nuts
without the relief of another project! Now I just need to find the perfect sweater pattern.

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and things are blooming everywhere. Our front yard looks great: In the backyard, we have new petunias. Purple Night Sky: ...