Monday, May 19, 2008

short weekend, long work week...

...I ended up working yesterday afternoon. I have a deliverable due today and I needed to spend more time on it than I had available during the week. It never fails...when my cohort goes on vacation, lots of work magically appears (where were they when she was twiddling her thumbs a week ago??) Anyway, I did manage to spend Friday night and Saturday doing crafty things.

Friday night, I finished the Feather and Fan Baby Sweater:

Feather & Fan Baby Sweater

Specs:
Finished: 5/16/2008
Yarn: Koigu PPPM, color P410
Pattern: 101 Designer One-Skein Wonders
Needle size: 3 US and 4 US

A little steam-blocking and it looks pretty good! I love the lace band at the bottom. The heart buttons are perfect for it. They were originally purchased around 20 years ago when I was sewing Cabbage Patch kid clothes for my daughter's dolls. You can't tell from the picture, but there are tiny leaves embossed around the edge of each button.

On Saturday, I finished spinning the singles of the Copperhead 2 fiber. I now have two bobbins that are resting before I Navajo ply them. I immediately started a new one:

Mermaid handspun

This is a Falkland hand-painted top that I just purchased from the Yarn Wench, called "Mermaid." How appropriate! It's spinning up nicely, but I had to cut the spinning time a little short when my knee started bugging me.

Swapping back to knitting, I started another Iris sweater, this time in pinks and purples (definitely girly) and in the next larger size. I'm going to try a Cat Bordhi trick of carrying a extra piece of yarn down the edges to help me when it comes time to pick up stitches for the edging. We'll see how that goes...if it gets to be a pain, I'll just pull it out.

OK, I'm off to finish my deliverable!

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...