Wednesday, May 21, 2008

WIP-it Wednesday, again...

...and looking forward to the long weekend ahead. I don't plan on working any of the holiday weekend, so I'm staying pretty focused on my work projects.

The new Iris baby cardigan is coming along. I have finished the increases and am ready to divide it for the sleeves:

Iris Baby Cardigan #2

The picture shows the other colors I'll be using for this one—very definitely for a little girl! The two end skeins are more purple in real life. (Someday I'll learn how to take pictures of purple!) Last time I made the 6-month size; this time I'm making the 12-month size. The color sections are 2.5 inches instead of 2 inches and, of course, there are more stitches around. This sweater will take me longer to finish than the last one, but it's still moving along pretty well.

I'm using a left-over red yarn to hold the neck and sleeve stitches. I'm also using it to carry down the edges as I knit to see if it helps when I need to do the edging. So far, it's OK, but the red yarn gets in the way sometimes. We'll se how long I put up with it!


No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...