Friday, June 13, 2008

Apricot Sky Candy Friday

...I'm getting very impatient for our apricots to be ready.

Apricot Sky

Here's a closeup of one that's almost there:

Nearly ripe Blenheim Apricot

The plum tree is doing well and also has fruit that is nearly ripe:

Almost ripe plum

The squirrels are also impatient—they have already invaded the apricot tree. Let's hope that the tree rats leave us some good ones!

I seem to be experiencing some knitting ennui. I'm frustrated that the doggie sweater is not right and I had to rip out the sleeves for the Crossover Top because I misinterpreted one of the instructions. The sleeves are back on track, but I am seriously tired of stockinette! Either it's time for another pair of socks or I should go quilt something!

Up this weekend: I'm hoping to participate in WWKIP tomorrow. However, I have someone coming to look at my quilts and talk about a project she wants to do. I'm not sure whether we'll be done in time for me to get over to Purlescence. I hope so because I had to miss it last year.

Other than that, I need to unearth the Daughter's room as she comes home on Wednesday. (She'll be here for a few weeks, escaping from the heat and humidity of the East coast. I
t might be nice if she had a place to sleep!) And I want to finish this Crossover Top so I can move onto something else! Like socks, or spinning, or quilting, or...

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...