Friday, July 04, 2008

Eye Candy Friday, stash edition...

...so I didn't buy more yarn, but I did swap yarn with someone. A fellow Raveler liked one of the Sundara yarns I had in my stash and asked if I'd be willing to trade. Although I liked the yarn she wanted, I also knew that I wouldn't be knitting it any time soon (or maybe ever). Why not let it go to a new home where it would be more appreciated? So I traded her for this:

StonyCreek handspun

It is a StonyCreek Handspun yarn; the fiber was processed by Loop. It is 3 oz./144 yds. and it's a blend of alpaca, bamboo, silk, and glitz. As you can see, it's in my favorite color! Yummy!

Also this week, I won a prize in a contest! I donated the Claudia's MS Ride again this year. She gets lots of prize donations and you get one "ticket" for every $10 you donate. Since I never win anything, I donate mostly because it's one of the causes I support—winning something would just be icing.

So here's my icing:

Blue Terra Cotta Yarn

I won two skeins of Claudia Hand Painted fingering yarn in the Blue Terra Cotta colorway (more sock yarn!!). This yarn was donated by Sue at the Great Yarn Company. Thanks, Claudia and Sue!

Up this weekend, get my projects together to take on vacation and start packing the stuff I won't need during the next few days. It's going to be a very short week!

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...