Wednesday, July 16, 2008

supposed to be WIP-it Wednesday...

...but the connection here is weak and sporadic. I can't get all of my pictures edited and uploaded, so we'll have to be patient.

Yesterday, it was so cold that I wished I had brought the hat I knit earlier this year. There is a yarn store here in Lincoln City that I hadn't intended on visiting. However, my head was really cold so I decided to see whether they had a chunky yarn that I could use to knit a simple hat. It's only a half-mile from the hotel, so I walked over and checked out Nestucca Bay Yarns. They had a Plymouth Encore Chunky on sale, so I bought a couple of skeins. They also had their own hand-painted yarns, so I bought two skeins of that, too.

I whipped out a simple K2P2 ribbed hat last night. This morning, I was very thankful that I had it—the weather was cold and windy. It did warm up later, but it was still windy on the coast. Here's a beach shot by the Yaquina Head Lighthouse.

Beach at Yaquina Head, Oregon

I have lots more pictures, but will upload those when I can.

As for the WIPs, I'm finally ready to do the heel flaps on my socks and the scarf is progresing. Sadly, I have not been able to get any spinning done since Sunday. Oh, well...I knew it would be tough to do on vacation...

Back on Friday with some eye candy. Hopefully the next place will have a better wireless network!

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...