Monday, August 18, 2008

sore shoulders and hands...

...but I got a lot of spinning done! First, the Ravelympics count:
  • WIPs Wrestling: 3 entered; 2 done
  • Handspun Heptathlon: 6 entered; 1 in progress; 3 done
  • Scarf Stroke: 1 entered; 1 in progress
In addition to the yarn I finished Friday night, I finished this one Saturday:

Reef yarn

and the close up...

Reef yarn, close up

Specs:
Started and finished 8/16/08
Reef 1 Falkland top (4.1oz) from Yarn Wench
Spun and plied on a Lendrum DT wheel
Two Falkland singles plied with Copper rayon thread
Yield: 105.4 yds
WPI: 8

I spun these singles on Sunday:

Deep Night, bobbin #2

This is Deep Night 2 Falkland top from Yarn Wench.

I experimented with beading as I was Navajo-plying the yarn. I'm not sure whether I like it (and it takes a lot of time!), but here's what it looks like so far:

Deep Night yarn, beading experiment

I also made some progress on the Silk Waves scarf:

Silk Waves Scarf, in progress

Also this weekend, we said good-bye to the Daughter—she's back in Baltimore gearing up for year 3 of her PhD program. It was nice having her home for a while and we'll miss seeing her fly in and out of the house!

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...