Friday, August 22, 2008

sprinting towards the finish line...

...don't think all of my Ravelympics entries will make it by 8:59 am on Sunday morning! I can probably finish the two yarns by then, but not the two scarves. I just don't have enough time (and I do like to sleep!).

For today's Eye Candy Friday, here is a flower collage. Picnik paid subscribers got to play with the new collage feature. Here's mine:

Flower Collage

It's very cool...

Last night I started my 5th yarn for Ravelympics. This is another Falkland top from Yarn Wench, called Orchid Orange Sunglo (oops, wrong one!) Apricot Orchid:

Apricot Orchid, bobbin 1

It's turning out a lot paler than I though it would, but I like it. I have one bobbin done and another started. We'll see how far I get on it tonight!

The Silk Waves scarf is about 20 inches long now and I still have a ton of yarn. I need a minimum of 40 inches to make a decent scarf and it's just not going to happen between now and Sunday morning. And I haven;t even touched the Morning Surf scarf in a week...oh well!

And of course, work has picked up so not only am I crazed at home, I'm also crazed at work. Ack!

Anyway, see you on the flip side...

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...