Monday, October 27, 2008

Monday arrived all too soon...

...at least I managed to get a few things done that I wanted.

The biggest job was getting all of my fiber put away. OMG! I have a whole lot more fiber than I thought...it's time to call a moratorium on buying fiber (and yarn, too for that matter). Must.Stop.Looking.At.Yarn.Wench's.Site!

I did not get my sewing machine into the shop. I got involved in spinning the rest of the seawool top and didn't leave the house on Saturday. I finished spinning the singles and started plying the yarn. I'm doing a traditional 3-ply this time:

Deep Blue Sea yarn

I'm about 2/3rds into the plying, so I should be able to finish it up this week. When I finish that, I think I'll spin up the Pumpkin Spice Falkland top that I bought from Yarn Wench. The colors are wonderfully autumn:

Pumpkin Spice Falkland top

Saturday night, the husband and I watched "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull." While I watched, I worked on my February Lady sweater—it's a simple enough pattern that I can work on it while watching a movie.

February Lady Sweater, in progress

I need to move it to circulars with a longer cableyou can see that it's longer than the circular and I don't want to lose any stitches.

I continued to play with the camera. As you can see from the fiber picture above, it does pretty well with it. However, I ned to play with the lighting a bit more because some of the fiber pictures showed too many shadows.

I love this camera for macro pictures, though. Here's a still life that the Husband composed:

Still life with peppers

Here's a closeup of the Toga Striped eggplants:

Toga Striped Eggplants

And one of the cross-cut Black Pearl chile pepper:

Inside a Black Pearl Chile

I need a bit more practice, but I'm pretty happy with the way they turned out.

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...