Monday, October 13, 2008

weekends are for crafting...

...I did a little knitting, a little spinning, and some fabric shopping.

I started spinning the Deep Blue Sea seawool top that I showed you on Friday. I wasn't sure whether start it because it is 8 ounces of top and it might take me a while to finish (most of the top I spin is in 4 ounce bundles). However, the colors won out and I spun one bobbin full:

Deep Blue Sea, bobbin 1

Even though I have a sweater, a wrap, and a doggie sweater already in play, I cast on for the TTL Mystery Socks for Socktoberfest. I'm using the Incredible Shrinking Violet Socks That Rock yarn from the Blue Moon Rockin' Sock Club:

TTL Mystery Socks, in progress

I'm doing the simpler (non-cable) version of the mystery sock just so I won't get frustrated...I haven't done cables in a while and I have never really been that good with them.

On Saturday, I decided to head off to the fabric store and check out the Halloween fabrics. I probably should have waited a week for Pacific International Quilt festival, but I wanted to see them now. And there are some secret projects to consider... Anyway, I did buy a couple of yards of fabric, but haven't done anything with them yet.

Before I start another sewing or quilting projects, I need to get my sewing machine tuned up. I keep putting it off, but I need to do it soon! My poor little Pfaff is feeling neglected.

Work has lightened up a little, so I'm not feeling quite so crunched (which make for a much happier me!)

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...