Friday, November 28, 2008

Another finished project...

...I finally finished the kitty.

Siamese Kitty, complete

and a view of the back:

Siamese Kitty, back view

Specs:
Started 11/10/08
Finished 11/27/208
Pattern: Siamese Kitty by Barbara Prime
Yarn: Bernat Alpaca Natural Blends
Needles: 6US

If I make another toy in this yarn, I'm going down a needle size—there are a lot of gaps in the stitches once the toy is stuffed. It's still very cute, though!

Our Thanksgiving dinner turned out very well—the turkey was perfect and everything tasted good. It was great to spend time with family. The only bummer of the whole day was that our land line was out all day...we didn't know it was out until mid-day, so people who tried to call us couldn't get through. Thank goodness for cell phones!

By the time everyone left, we were exhausted. Sewing the Kitty together was a perfect thing to work on when I crashed in my chair.

I finally got a chance to take pictures of my last Rockin' Sock Club installment. It's very pretty and Autumn-y. Click the spoiler alert picture to see what it looks like.



I'm going to take it easy today.I have a little bit of a food hangover...I'm not used to eating bread and potatoes any more, so I feel out of sorts. I'll do a little spinning, but mostly just rest and enjoy a quiet day.

2 comments:

Just Jane said...

Here kitty, kitty, Here kitty, kitty, come on home to mommy! HAHA...

Sounds like your day was like mine, everything was perfect, and a new version on yams...came out good, made up...so I got lucky!

Today, spent putting "fall" away, and starting to get out a few Christmas things...short season, so plan on doing it up soon...real soon...firt item out??? My beautiful wall hanging, but I have used it on my entrance table, as I don't have a wall hanging place, as of yet...it does very nicely on my table...will try to get some pics to you...

Hubby & Daughter oohed and ahhed at the hanging...loving all your awesome work!

Relax and enjoy the weekend, tree shopping tomorrow??? Snow in our mountains, none here, but lots of rain...

Come on now, kitty, come on home!
Love, kitty lover...

marie said...

Hmmm...I better lock up this kitty so she doesn't go wandering off! LOL!

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...