Friday, December 26, 2008

Eye Candy Friday, day after Christmas...

...I'm a little tired and looking forward to day of doing whatever I want, including absolutely nothing!!

This is what our tree looked like before the carnage in the morning:

Christmas Tree 2008

Santa was very good to me...I got a set of KnitPicks Harmony straight needles in the 10-inch length, four Harmony buttons for my February Lady sweater, a new yoga mat, a yoga outfit, a six-volume set of the Sookie Stackhouse books, and some other books and CDs. From Jane, I scored the newest Yarn Harlot book and calendar, a really cool purple (!) bookmark among other things. I am a very happy girl!

After a call to my Mom, we spent a low-key day at the Husband's parents. We met the newest member of the family (great-niece, five months old...so cute...). The goodie bags were well appreciated. We ate lots of yummy goodies and enjoyed the good company. We got home around 5pm and just chilled.

Sunset on Christmas day:

Christmas Sunset

Now that the secret project has been opened, I can share the pictures! Remember the Siamese Kitty I knitted last month? Well, it was part of the secret project for Jane. I also knit a smaller one for her granddaughter. Here's the front view of them both:

Two Siamese kitties

...and the back view:

A tail of two kitties

Specs for the small kitty:
Started: 12/1/08
Finished: 12/8/08
Pattern: Siamese Kitty by Barbara Prime
Yarn: Bernat Alpaca Natural Blends
Needles: 5US

In October at Pacific International Quilt Festival, I found this cute bib pattern that came with a sippy cup and pacifier. I knew I had to get it for Jane's new granddaughter. It took all of about an hour to cut it out and sew it together. I used a new velcro-type fastener that is not supposed to snag anything else. The backing is Minkee, so soft!!

Pink bib with Minky backing

I had also found some Christmas stocking fabric panels that I knew were "Jane." The bonus was that there were just enough different stockings for her whole family. I lined them with a cute yellow fabric that has Christmas sayings printed all over and backed them with a matching Christmas plaid. I lightly quilted them and used the same plaid fabric as the binding. I finally finished them last Sunday night. I'm very pleased with the way they turned out and Jane seems to like them.

Stocking medley

All in all, another wonderful Christmas!

3 comments:

Just Jane said...

"seemed to like" NAW, that doesn't come close to how I felt about the stockings....they are just too, too cute! I love them, and the kitties were the icing on the cate, I had "requested" mine and my granddaugther's was so much extra....WOW...along with that, she did fill my grandson's stocking with a cute toy for him, which he loved....I'm gonna really have to get Marie this next year....we had a "deal" and she didn't keep her end of the bargain...so beware....you best behave, next year and "follow the rules"....THANKS SO MUCH, AGAIN AND AGAIN!!

marie said...

Hey, I kept my end of the deal. I had planned to do SO much more...and I didn't! Besides, I had already purchased things and had started working on them.

Anyway, it's always more fun to make stuff for someone who really appreciates your work. :-)

Enjoy!

Just Jane said...

my kitty may get a name soon, I've been thinking on it.....

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...