Friday, December 12, 2008

Eye Candy Friday, ornament edition...

...from our tree. I bought this one in Santa Fe, New Mexico at a tinsmith's shop:

Tin ornament

This ornament is one of two ceramic mermaids on our tree:

Gold Mermaid ornament

New this year, a sheep ornament. I love the way the wrinkles were used to represent the fleece.

Paper maché sheep

So far, I've baked about 120 cookies. Considering that I baked 725 cookies last year (not counting the biscotti), I have a few more to make! Guess what I'm doing this weekend...

In addition to baking, I should be able to finish up the majority of my secret project. Even if I finish all of it, I can't mail it until I make enough cookies and biscotti to include in the package. (Somehow I don't think Jane would appreciate being left out of the biscotti loop! )

Have a good weekend!

3 comments:

Just Jane said...

Love the sheep! How adorable! Don't shear it to weave!

Boy you got that right!! What is Christmas without Marie's special treats???? And for sure the secret project, can wait a few days, or weeks, or whatever, to include our munchies! My day will be "returning" the book I know you will be getting from someone else, along with sewing a blanket.... then I need to figure out to what to get daughter and baby!

Just Jane said...

weave, did I say weave???? I meant spin....where is my brain, maybe I'm thinking it's time you get a nice big weaving loom!

marie said...

LOL!! Don't tell J. about the loom... he's still adjusting to the spinning wheel!

Not to worry...you'll get your biscotti!

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...