Wednesday, December 17, 2008

it's a "too" day...

...too cold; too many things left to make; far too little time left to make them; too much Christmas shopping to do! I could go on, but you get the idea. No pictures today. (Almost-done cookies just aren't that interesting to look at.)

Free Smileys & Emoticons at Clip Art Of.com

I have had lots of late nights getting the goodies ready to go. The above-mentioned cookies were frosted Monday night and had to dry before I could pipe on the outlines, which I did last night. Tonight they will get their final decoration of luster dust and edible glitter.

Also last night, I prepped and refrigerated the Chile-Chocolate Truffle mix and the Pistachio-Macadamia Truffle mix. I have to roll out some of the truffles for the gifts I'm giving on Friday, but the rest can wait until the weekend. I put chocolate on three of the biscotti batches; I'll do the other two batches tonight.

I still have to make the Peppermint bark, the Pistachio-Cranberry bark, and the Cran-Marnier truffles. However, I'm not planning on including these in Friday's gifts, so I don't feel the need to rush those items. Since I'm on vacation after Friday, I have plenty of time to make those for the larger gift bags.

And, of course, I've been busy at work. There are several projects that need drafts done before I go on vacation, so that's kept me hopping. Having work is good, even if it is a little crazy-making right now!

The Daughter comes home on Saturday and she's already agreed to help me finish the decorating. We work well together, so we should be able to get the decorating done quickly. It will be so good to have her in hugging distance!

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...