Monday, February 09, 2009

and here we are at Monday again...

...and I'm hoping that this week is a little more normal!

I was determined to the make the most of my weekend and get a couple of things done that I've put off for too long.

First off, I closed my craft account. For many years, I kept a separate bank account that I used for my hobby business and for my craft show spending. Before going to a stitching, quilting, or knitting show, I'd deposit a set amount of $$ in the account and use only that account for my purchases. It worked great for stitchery shows because they were always out of town (Sacramento or Southern California) and I didn't have to rely on credit cards. It doesn't work as well for International Quilt Festival or Stitches West because they are both essentially "in town." (15 minutes away is "in town," right?) I didn't have a lot in the account and I hadn't used it in over a year, so it was time to close it.

Next, I took my sewing machine to a local sewing and vacuum service store to get it tuned up. It's running OK, but it needs a little TLC. I should get it back in a week unless they need to fix something. And since my mind was on sewing, I swung by The Granary and bought some fabric!

Then I ran a couple of errands and got back to the house by 10:30am. Whoa...I still had a whole day ahead of me!

I pulled out the February Lady sweater and tried it on again. I had just gotten past the arm holes and it just didn't look right. I felt like I had wings...the yoke was too big. I ripped back several rows and started the lace section again. It's looking much better now, but it will take a while to get back to the same point.

Then I worked on the Jaywalker socks. I finally finished the decreases and am working my way down the feet. I probably have about 2.5 inches before I get to the toes. No more pictures of this one until I get them done.

Next I picked up the Argosy scarf. This is a nice project to work on while watching TV. We watched the movie "Hancock" while I worked on the scarf. It doesn't look very long, but it's coming along:


Argosy scarf, in progress

Sunday was spinning day. I put on a big pot of Louisiana Red Beans and spun the day away. I did take several breaks to check the beans and do a few things. I finished the first bobbin of Dragonfly Wings and I've about halfway done with bobbin two.

Bobbin #1 of Dragonfly Wings


I hope I can keep this momentum going. It felt so good to get back to the spinning wheel!

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...with a Finished Object. Every April 1st, we turn off our furnace to help save energy and keep our PG&E bill down. This year, w...