Monday, February 23, 2009

finished the Jaywalkers...

...and they fit! See:

Jaywalker socks, take 2

The picture makes it look like the cuffs are different lengths, but they're not. Here's another view:

Jaywalker Socks

Specs:
Finished
2/21/2009

Pattern: Jaywalker Socks by Grumperina
Yarn: Blue Moon Fiber Arts, Socks That Rock Lightweight in Incredible Shrinking Violet (2008 Club color)
Needles: US 1 1/2 (2mm)

I love the way the striping turned out. There was a little color pooling, but not too much.

I spent a little time gathering my things together for Stitches West. However, before I could so that, I had to put away a bunch of fabric I had pulled out when I was sewing the tote bag. I had gathered several purple fabrics to see whether they matched the tote bag colors...I thought I might add a fourth color. However, just as purple is a hard color to photograph, it's hard to match purples in fabric. Anyway, I needed to get that back on the shelves so I'd have enough room to lay out my knitting stuff.

One of the things I needed to do was find a yarn that was not lace or fingering for my Moebius class with Cat Bordhi. Considering the amount of sock yarn I have, that was tough to do! But I found a sport-weight yarn that will work. It's all wound into a yarn cake and ready to go.

I was finding it difficult to knit on something else after finishing the Jaywalkers. I wasn't quite ready to cast on for the new BMFA club socks. I decided to use the Argosy scarf as my carry-along project for Stitches and I didn't want to work on that. What's left? Spinning!!

I prepped and started spinning this:

Chocolate Covered Raspberries, close up

That's Chocolate Covered Raspberries seawool top by Creatively Dyed. It's spinning up a little pinker than I thought it would be, but it's pretty. And even though I spun all the way through the Academy Awards, I've barely made a dent in this fiber! It's 8 ounces...this is gonna take a while!

No comments:

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...