Monday, March 16, 2009

spinning the weekend away...

...that's pretty much what I did and it was great!

I had a wonderful time at the spin-in on Saturday! (Thanks, Mary!) I made some new friends and got a lot more spun than I normally do at home...it's so good to be with people who understand your addiction craft. Sirena made the transition from home to the spin-in location just fine. (OK, one minor user error...) I converted her cover to a drawstring bag by inserting cord into the hem area and adding a cordstop. This protected her from the dirt in the back of the Husband's car.

Even though I already had the Chocolate-Covered Raspberries seawool in progress, I decided to spin something new. I've had Andromeda in the queue since Ravelympics and it seemed like a good time to start it. Here's bobbin #1:

Andromeda, bobbin #1

I split the top width-wise into 8 pieces for longer color runs, and then separated it into two 2-ounce groups. I'll spin one bobbin of each 2-ounce group and ply it using the chain (Navajo) method. I finished the first bobbin yesterday afternoon.

When I finished the first bobbin of Andromeda, I went back to the seawool and spun more of that. I'm still working on the first bobbin of seawool, but I'm getting close to the end of it. It's still really pink...

When I wasn't spinning, I was knitting the Queen of Beads socks. (WIP picture on Wednesday.) I really love the way the pattern is turning out, except for those d@mn beads. Next time, I'll use the crochet hook method of adding beads no matter what the pattern says. Having to keep moving the beads down the yarn is annoying. I don't have that much craft time and I don't want to spend it moving beads!

I did not work on the sweater...I was having too much fun spinning!

No comments:

WIP-it Wednesday...

 ...a little of this, a little of that. I needed to inject a little calmness, so I started another handspun. Here are the singles for ...