Monday, March 23, 2009

under Sirena's spell...

...it was a spinning weekend. I didn't even touch my quilt or sewing at all!

First, I finished the first bobbin of Chocolate Covered Raspberries seawool from Creatively Dyed.

Chocolate-Covered Raspberries, bobbin 1

This represents a little under 4 ounces; I still have another 4 ounces to go.

Then I spun the second bobbin of Andromeda from The Yarn Wench:

Andromeda, bobbins 1 & 2

The second bobbin is a little darker than the first, so I may end up with a two-ply on this one just to even out the color.

And then, because I've been wanting to spin this ever since I bought it at Stitches West, here is some naturally dyed gray alpaca in Pomegranate from Tactile, a Fiber Arts Studio:

Pomegranate Alpaca yarn

It was a dream to spin! Here's the close-up:

Pomegranate Alpaca yarn, close up

Specs:
Started and finished 3/22/09
Naturally dyed gray alpaca (2 oz) in Pomegranate from Tactile, a Fiber Arts Studio
Spun and Navajo-plied on Lendrum DT wheel
Yield: 113 yards; 16 WPI

The color variations in this yarn are so subtle...it was a nice change from spinning fiber with long runs of color.

I did get a little knitting done on the socks...I finished the heel flaps. That's it, though. The spinning was way too fun!

1 comment:

Just Jane said...

Gee, how nice, I can almost feel "Karma" you and Serina had this weekend, you must have been in heaven!

Ho-Hum...all I got to do was meet Thomas Kincade in person!! It was awesome, I love his work, such warmth in it, and "my style"...he was an incredible speaker! He pencil sketched a drawing that was auctioned off...maybe 24x30...went for $12,000!!!!!!!! It was great...not only did we meet him but talked to several of his staff, we learned so much about the way they mark painting...was fasinating! Plus tons of time with Kayla, every day she brings such joy to me!!! Talk to ya Wed....

WIP-it Wednesday...

...a little of this, a little of that.  No photos this week. Things look pretty much the same. WIPs Roll Call Worked On: Dreaming ...