Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Wednesday is for sock WIPs...

...my Queen of Beads socks are coming right along.

Queen of Beads sock cuffs

I have about 7 rows left and then I can start the heel. Yay! I haven't quite decided where to stop using the beads. I guess it will depend on how annoyed I am with moving beads when I finish the heel.

I've been selling a few copies of my sock bag pattern after posting a picture of my Knitmare on Elm Street bag on one of the Ravelry forums. I'm happy that people are finding it useful! Since this is generating a little income, I decided to use it to treat myself to another Namaste bag. I've been dreaming of the eggplant Zuma bag every since I saw it online. Yarndogs had a teal Zuma bag at Stitches West that tempted me, but I decided on the Malibu bag instead. But the eggplant was calling my name!

Namaste Zuma bag in eggplant

I've been wanting a smaller bag to use when I don't need a lot of tools and maybe to double as a purse. This bag meets those needs. Here's what it looks like inside:

Namaste Zuma bag, inside

This bag holds a lot of things without looking stuffed. I'm very happy with this bag! Also, I had a gift certificate from Kaleidoscope Yarns that I hadn't used yet. It was enough to cover a Namaste Buddy case in eggplant to match this bag, so that's on its way.

I'm done buying bags for now. Between the new tote bag I made and the Namaste bags, I think I'm set for a long time! I'm going to go through my other bags and donate some to good homes. I'd also like to sell the navy/black Jordana Paige messenger bag that I bought a couple of years ago at Stitches West...I used it a few times, but it just didn't work for me.

OK, back to work now...

1 comment:

Just Jane said...

OH FOR SURE! That bag truly had your name written alllll over it! Good buy, and who knows, you might make your million yet out of that pattern....way to go!!!!!!!

Eye Candy Friday...

 ...and the garden is going full blast! I love this time of year! Our perennials are starting to bloom. The blazing Sunset geum that we...